Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Lightbulb Recover old SMS test messages

I have a Samsung Android phone. I used to backup the phone by plug in my phone via a USB cable, it will mount as a drive on my PC. Then I just copy the entire mounted drive. In seeking of some information from the old SMS text messages and Hangouts, which has obviously been purged on the current phone, how can I read these histories from the backup I did earlier? I can see the backup contained almost everything from that mounted drive, including an Android folder, then there is a Data folder, under which there are many app data or cache files, but I can't seem to open any of the early conversations easily. I can see all of the old pictures I took before and files downloaded etc, but is there any way to read SMS or Hangouts messages from that backup? Thank you in advance.

Global Posts
    13,293 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Recover old SMS test messages

I don't think there is a way to view this backups. In the future, you need to backup sms to Gmail, which is readable. There are many apps that can backup for you give one a try.