Help!!! Samsung s5 headphone sound issue!!

A

AC Question

I got my self a Samsung S5 2 weeks ago, and when i started the music player i noticed sound only comeing from the left side. So I thought it was a setting issue, but nope, definitely not. All settings are set to stereo, and sound balance is in the middle. I tried different working headphones and the included, but still sound from left side. So I sent it in as a DOA, and they didn't find an issue and told me to firmly connect the headphones because it is working. Then I got it back home, and SAME ISSUE. WTH IS GOING ON? This is turning me crazy. This bull**** should not happen to anyone. Please help me. What do you think the issue is? This is starting to lean towards a hardware/software issue I think.. But the sound did work once though.. Then the sound faded back to the left by it self. HOW could they not find the issue?? And now I need to pay 50$ because those monkeys could'nt find the obvious issue..

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Check to see if there is any debris in the jack. Use a damp toothpick to root around for any lint or other stuff, or use a can of compressed air to blow it out.

You're hearing or feeling the plug click into place when it's in all the way, right? Also, are all of the headphones you're using compatible with all devices, or are they "Designed for iPhone"? If they have that on their packaging, they might not be entirely compatible with Android devices, since iPhones have a slightly different headphone jack configuration.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress