Question Shutter sound not working with bluetooth hearing aids

jyargeau

Dec 8, 2023
Visit site
I have an s22 ultra. Recently got Starkey bluetooth enabled hearing aids. With the hearing aids on, there is no shutter camera sound. I need to hear the shutter sound on the camera. Have checked with both Starkey hearing aids and Samsung and gone through all the settings and reset camera settings to no avail. Anyone else have this issue or have bluetooth enabled hearing aids where the shutter sound works? TIA for any help or comment.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to AC forums. It could be a setting or it could be something else. If you can, I would check to see if there was a shutter sound through BT headphones/ear buds since that would most closely mimic the connection with your hearing aids. I know I get the sound thru mine but I have an S23U but I wouldn't imagine them being that much different. Anyway just curious if it works.

I tried looking up pairing hearing aids with Samsung because I thought it might use the Wearable app because there are several settings and options there. Most of the videos o found were a year or more old and offered little to no useful information.

I'm wondering if it doesn't see it as a vital sound and just isn't playing it? Does it play every other sound? I mean are there any sounds which it doesn't play that phone makes besides the shutter? Is it possible that it played the shutter sound but it's still too low for you to hear it? Those are there only two things I can think of, it either isn't playing the sound, if there are also other sound which it doesn't play, and if it plays every sound, then for some reason the shutter sound is being missed.

I'm wondering if this is the best place to ask this question. I found this forum about hearing aids and the first topic is Android compatible hearing aids. I think you'd likely have better luck asking a community with more experience.

Best wishes

jyargeau

Dec 8, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to AC forums. It could be a setting or it could be something else. If you can, I would check to see if there was a shutter sound through BT headphones/ear buds since that would most closely mimic the connection with your hearing aids. I know I get the sound thru mine but I have an S23U but I wouldn't imagine them being that much different. Anyway just curious if it works.

I tried looking up pairing hearing aids with Samsung because I thought it might use the Wearable app because there are several settings and options there. Most of the videos o found were a year or more old and offered little to no useful information.

I'm wondering if it doesn't see it as a vital sound and just isn't playing it? Does it play every other sound? I mean are there any sounds which it doesn't play that phone makes besides the shutter? Is it possible that it played the shutter sound but it's still too low for you to hear it? Those are there only two things I can think of, it either isn't playing the sound, if there are also other sound which it doesn't play, and if it plays every sound, then for some reason the shutter sound is being missed.

I'm wondering if this is the best place to ask this question. I found this forum about hearing aids and the first topic is Android compatible hearing aids. I think you'd likely have better luck asking a community with more experience.

Best wishes

Thank you. Will check out your suggestions

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali