delete addtional fields in contacts

A

AC Question

While editing a contact I pushed the "Add another field" button and added a message tone and a vibration pattern. No I see I don't realy want these. I did it out of curiosity because another S5 user was asking me about it.
Now I cannot see any way to remove these fields from the contact.
Is there a way to delete theses "additional fields"?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to AC :)
Go back to that contact, select the field you want to delete (just place the cursor in the box), and tap the menu button. Then it will ask if you want to join or discard. Hit discard and that field will be gone.

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
thanks for the reply but that doesn't work for those 2 fields. There is no cursor box.
For Example if you click the "Add another field" button and select "Vibration Pattern and then choose a vibration pattern, and save when you're done.
Go back to edit the contact and there no minus button or trashcan to remove it. If you click on the "Vibration patter" field, it only gives you an option to select a vibration pattern or create your own, not even an option to select "none". unless I'm missing something here...

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
thanks for the reply but that doesn't work for those 2 fields. There is no cursor box.
For Example if you click the "Add another field" button and select "Vibration Pattern and then choose a vibration pattern, and save when you're done.
Go back to edit the contact and there no minus button or trashcan to remove it. If you click on the "Vibration patter" field, it only gives you an option to select a vibration pattern or create your own, not even an option to select "none". unless I'm missing something here...

OK. Are you using the "People" app or "Contacts?" I'm not seeing an option to add tones or vibration patters.

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
OK. Are you using the "People" app or "Contacts?" I'm not seeing an option to add tones or vibration patters.
I am using "contacts". I just double checked I go into my app drawer and go into Contacts, then select a contact, tap the pencil to edit the contact, then tap "Add another field", then at the very bottom is Message tone and Vibration pattern.
(see attached screenshot)
Once you add those 2, there is no way to remove them. I'm sure a workaround would be to delete the contact and re-add them, but there has to be an actual way to remove them.

Screenshot_2014-09-04-15-45-25.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana