Photo icon missing on my Samsung Galaxy s5

A

AC Question

I tried to remove Google+ from my phone because it was backing up all my photos from Facebook. I did not want that. When I tried to remove
Google+ it also removed the photos icon from home screen and now the only way I can see my photos is with Gallery which has all photos from
Facebook not just my phone. Is there some way to get the photos icon back? I reinstalled Google+ but not photos icon. Phone is through Verizon.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The Photos app is part of the Google+ app, so if you disabled Google+, the Photos app also disappears. Did you disable Google+, or actually uninstall it? You can only uninstall it if you're rooted--is that the case with your phone?

If you disabled Google+, go to the App Manager, select Google+, and tap "Enable" or "Turn On." The Photos icon should then reappear in the App Drawer, and you should be able to drag and drop it to a homescreen again.

If you want to turn off Google+ Auto Backup, just open the Photos app, tap Menu, then Settings, then Auto Backup, and flip the switch to Off.