I put my new pos ZTE in my jesrsey pocket and it changed the language to Spanish. Since it can do this so easily why can't the manufactuer print instructions on HOW TO CHANGE IT BACK! Sorry for the frustration but my god really! BTW, For Sale: near new ZTE Majesty phone for sale. Changes to airplane mode, bluetooth,etc., etc., etc., by itself. Sorry, don't speak spanish.Thanks for any help with this travesty of a user's guide.
    09-07-2014 09:13 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Language & Input, and check the default language there.

In regard to the other bizarre behavior, see if you can boot into Recovery Mode and wipe the system cache partition, which won't erase any personal data. Follow the steps in this video (I know, it's for a different ZTE phone--but I'm hoping the procedure is the same). Instead of selecting Wipe Data/Factory Reset, make sure you pick Wipe Cache Partition.

09-07-2014 10:18 PM
    Thanks for the calm, measured, ultra fast and CORRECT response B.Diddy! I knew it had to be in settings but I couldn't get anything that looked like a language setting. The phone is only 2 weeks old and buttons don't always necessarily do what you want them to do. Also,I blame the banana that was in the pocket too
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-07-2014 11:21 PM