There's a storm brewing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

panitsos

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
got it! i love it! got the 1 year plan insurance was 7 bux a month its fasttttttttttttttt. only thing i dont like is where the usb port is located it interferes when you open the kick stand. charging batter now so dont know how good it is yet. enjoy everyone

psycho_maniac

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
did you guys have a problem getting 3g right away? mine wouldnt take, well first i couldnt get test phone call, then that worked then i was stuck in 1x for like 30 mins

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Did you ask about the car mount? MY local store says they don't have them and I want one... they may be harder to find than the phones themselves after launch!

I went to a VZW store and they didn't have them, but then went to a BJ's Wholesale club and they had plenty of them... you shouldn't need a membership to purchase through BJ's, and they applied my employee discount just like the VZW stores do.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Well folks, the time has come to close this thread. I know at one point I had promised to keep this open until I was stone cold sober. Well I am now :p

There are multiple reasons:

1. It is no longer relevant to the original intent of the thread - which was to maintain a place for speculation and updates from Bennnn.
  2. New topics deserve their own thread(s).
  3. Many threads have already been started for many of the recent posts in this thread.
  4. New members will not need to look here for answers to valid questions nor find interesting information.
  5. There will be no further announcements regarding release dates.
I also wanted to take advantage of an opportunity for everyone to get to know each other and do a little community building. With close to 7,300+ replies and 460,000+ page views, I think it's safe to say you guys did exactly that. Over the last few weeks I wanted to maintain this momentum, especially when people were generally getting a long so well. I'm really hopeful that each of you will stick around the forums and continue what you've all started.

All that said, here are a sampling of threads you can visit to continue some of the discussions I've been noticing in here.

1. HTC Thunderbolt First Impressions/Reviews
  2. Data connectivity issues - stuck in 1x
  3. The official "I got my Thunderbolt thread!"
  4. Thunderbolt Thursday Waiting Room HERE! (if you still haven't picked up your TB)
  5. HTC Thunderbolt FAQ's: Please read here before posting! LOT's of good info in here for Android noobies, battery life, general TB FAQ's etc. Cyber Warrior will be updating as quickly as possible.
  6. New to Android and/or the Forums? Start Here!. Don't worry, it isn't a bunch of forum rule stuff. This is a must read if you're new to Android or want to learn about the layout/where to find stuff on the site.
  7. Thunderbolt Screenshots: Share Them Here!.
  8. Battery life issues.

You get the idea. By contributing to these discussions, you're doing the community a favor, and like I said, if a topic deserves a new thread, by all means start one (but try to verify there isn't one already).

One last thing, please trust that the mods are doing things in everyones best interest as they see duplicate topics being discussed in a single thread. If too much of that happens in a single thread, they will move all the posts within that thread, either to an existing thread or move the post to a new one on your behalf. We are not going to be overly crazy about this, but again we want to make sure each topic gets maximum attention. This is mostly something we do the first few days to a week after a phone comes out.

Now I've taken 10 minutes of your TB time so you are probably hopping mad. I shall be quite now.

Cory

I went to a VZW store and they didn't have them, but then went to a BJ's Wholesale club and they had plenty of them... you shouldn't need a membership to purchase through BJ's, and they applied my employee discount just like the VZW stores do.

did you guys have a problem getting 3g right away? mine wouldnt take, well first i couldnt get test phone call, then that worked then i was stuck in 1x for like 30 mins

got it! i love it! got the 1 year plan insurance was 7 bux a month its fasttttttttttttttt. only thing i dont like is where the usb port is located it interferes when you open the kick stand. charging batter now so dont know how good it is yet. enjoy everyone

Posting from my new thunderbolt! F YEAH!

Just picked up my bolt....WooooHoooo!!!!!! And the first email I received after activation was the email from Verizon telling my Thunderbolts are available in store now.

Haha, well, in the event that somebody does that, make sure to offer to upload it to YouTube for them from your LTE phone.

Sitting in front of the vzw store as we speak!

Sent from my Htc Incredible using Tapatalk

Glad the wait is over. Order placed online and billed to my acct. Just weird that it didn't show anything about 4G being added to my contract. I hope that because my acct is in a city that does not have 4G, I will still have it when going to the Cities that do.

Think I'll run by the Verizon store at lunch and play around with one. Still on the fence so I'll see if actually holding it pushes me over the edge.

Who is going to be the first fruit fanboy to take a video of 25 store employees clapping and welcoming in 1 customer to buy the bolt?

I arrived at my corporate store at 6am to find no line and a 3 hour wait. 1.5 hours later, still the only one here. Could have used the sleep. (Trussville, Al) traveling to Chicago tonight so I'll get a taste of LTE before it's available here.

Tea, then store!

Waiting for mine now. Just me on the street with a bunch of faux irish passers-by...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.