Pair Z998 to Bluetooth audio in Mazda6

lipglosssed

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Hello! I just begrudgingly switched back to my iPhone 4s because I can't get my Z998 to sync audio with my new 2015 Mazda6. The phone call portion syncs, but the music audio fails. The screen on the car shows a password to verify on the phone, but the phone doesn't do anything until AFTER the car times out. Then it will show the password. I have been able to sync 2 iPhones just fine, and having my music/Pandora sync is kind of important to me. The Z998 worked just fine with my 4Runner.

I have tried Googling and haven't come up with anything. Does anyone have any suggestions? I miss my (albeit crappy) Z998.

lipglosssed

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the quick response. The car is brand new, have had it less than 2 weeks. I figured it was something to do with my low-budget phone. I looked through the owner's manual for both, and neither helped. I reset the phone to factory settings (I previously tried to root it and failed) so I'm hoping that helps. If nothing else, I can drive the 45 minutes to the dealer and have them help.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the quick response. The car is brand new, have had it less than 2 weeks. I figured it was something to do with my low-budget phone. I looked through the owner's manual for both, and neither helped. I reset the phone to factory settings (I previously tried to root it and failed) so I'm hoping that helps. If nothing else, I can drive the 45 minutes to the dealer and have them help.

Sorry for the slower reply this time...lol

I am honestly not sure what else to suggest. My car can't connect to my phone other that with an AUX cord.

Have you tried asking on our sister site Connectedly? http://forums.connectedly.com/ask-question-f223/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non