Which messaging app to choose

Comerman

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi Folks, I'm a VERY novice user as I've said before and find the whole SMS messaging thing a bit confusing :D The story is, I'm currently using a moto g with GO launcher and GO SMS pro, my current prepay plan with O2 Ireland is top up by €20 per month and get unlimited free texts and reduced call prices BUT now I've been reading about the likes of WhatsApp and how great they are etc so my question is What do you use and what's the best?? Thanks in advance.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I use Textra - sort of customizable (not like it was a couple of weeks ago before the redesign) and simple and powerful. Not a heavy app. I do prefer how it used to be though.

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I've used the stock Samsung App for messaging as I only text with my fiance and my kids and am not looking for too many options.

That said I have used Textra and Handcents as well as Hangouts. All too powerful for my simple needs.

Basic messaging works real well for me.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi Folks, I'm a VERY novice user as I've said before and find the whole SMS messaging thing a bit confusing :D The story is, I'm currently using a moto g with GO launcher and GO SMS pro, my current prepay plan with O2 Ireland is top up by €20 per month and get unlimited free texts and reduced call prices BUT now I've been reading about the likes of WhatsApp and how great they are etc so my question is What do you use and what's the best?? Thanks in advance.

with apps like Whatsapp - they use data allowance to send messages, not your text allowance. I use Google Hangouts- after it's recent update it looks really nice, this will be taken from your messaging allowance and not your data allowance

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress