Stock Messaging app works where others have failed?

theduece02

Apr 29, 2020
Visit site
So we actually figured out our problem was a multitude of issues. First, our Wifi wasn't located in our house correctly. Once we changed that we noticed a big improvement. Second, I started out trying Android Messages on the new Wifi connection and I had the auto download MMS and auto download MMS when roaming turned on. Still didn't work that well. So, I cleared the cache, and cleared the app's data and BOOM, it worked. Not only does it work, it's blazing fast! Reset the network on my wife's phone and did the exact same stuff to her app and it works extremely well too. Crazy, we've been fighting this for over a year!!!

theduece02

Apr 29, 2020
Visit site
I do want to ask this though, how often does one clear an app's cache and data? I really don't ever do it unless there's an issue, but I was wondering how frequently I should be doing it. What about a network reset? I saw on another forum a guy who does it once a month, but that seems a bit much IMO.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So we actually figured out our problem was a multitude of issues. First, our Wifi wasn't located in our house correctly. Once we changed that we noticed a big improvement. Second, I started out trying Android Messages on the new Wifi connection and I had the auto download MMS and auto download MMS when roaming turned on. Still didn't work that well. So, I cleared the cache, and cleared the app's data and BOOM, it worked. Not only does it work, it's blazing fast! Reset the network on my wife's phone and did the exact same stuff to her app and it works extremely well too. Crazy, we've been fighting this for over a year!!!
I'm glad to hear its fixed
I do want to ask this though, how often does one clear an app's cache and data? I really don't ever do it unless there's an issue, but I was wondering how frequently I should be doing it. What about a network reset? I saw on another forum a guy who does it once a month, but that seems a bit much IMO.
Only when you run into issues

theduece02

Apr 29, 2020
Visit site
Had to put the phone on airplane mode this weekend and the Google Messages app isn't working again. I've reset the network, cleared the app cache and cleared the data. Still won't send a photo.