Should I trust Clean Master?

A

AC Question

So its my first android phone (lg g3) and I love it way more then ios. I got this app called clean master. It had 100 million downloads and good reviews, so I trusted it. I noticed it can clean old files and empty folders and things. So I let it do its thing. My phone has more memory and everything is great. However i'm paranoid this app could harm my phone possibly. I also loaded lg's file manager. What I don't understand is how you can just delete any folder. Some which seem crucial to the OS. Wouldn't that ruin the operating system? So is my phone ok? Thanks so much.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I have no knowledge of that app. I know that my own G3 prompts me from time to time to do a Smart Clean, as it calls it. It usually doesn't have to prompt, because I perform manual Smart Cleans frequently.

Posted via Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
So its my first android phone (lg g3) and I love it way more then ios. I got this app called clean master. It had 100 million downloads and good reviews, so I trusted it. I noticed it can clean old files and empty folders and things. So I let it do its thing. My phone has more memory and everything is great. However i'm paranoid this app could harm my phone possibly. I also loaded lg's file manager. What I don't understand is how you can just delete any folder. Some which seem crucial to the OS. Wouldn't that ruin the operating system? So is my phone ok? Thanks so much.

Welcome to AC :)
Well, task managers in general aren't recommended for Android. Clean master clears out junk files but it also kills apps running in the background, correct?

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to AC :)
Well, task managers in general aren't recommended for Android. Clean master clears out junk files but it also kills apps running in the background, correct?

Only if you tell it to. It doesn't do anything automatically, and you can individually select which junk files to clean from a list it generates. I just ignore any task killing suggestions it makes.

Posted via my Nexus 5 via the Android Central App

11pts

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
it just clears the junk so don't stress. if you have a rooted phone it can delete more things but never in my experience has it deleted anything I didn't want it to or that would harm the phone from functioning properly

Posted via the Android Central App

DacyJ

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
I had it and it would put weird pictures in my Gallery. I deleted it along with battery master and my S5 actually works better than before.

Posted via Nokia 6230 (I play snake)

UnlimitedEra

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I've been using this app on a Blackberry 10 device, Samsung Galaxy S4, Huawei device, and galaxy note 3 non of then we're harmed, they still run fine even faster when it's on. But the only weird thing I found is that everyday I find one or two viruses on my android phones using CM anti virus but I've never got a virus alert on my BlackBerry Z10?

wxrusss8

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Google Clean Master for about 3 months. I think it's great. I use it mostly to delete unneeded files to clear up space on my 16 gig Nexus 7. Works great for me.

Posted via Android Central App