Upgrade Advice

UnluckyXIII

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys :)

I'm looking for some help//advice, I've been a long term iPhone user (since the first iPhone in fact) but my love affair with Apple has dwindled as of late and with the shockingly disappointing iPhone 6 I'm considering trying something new. My only concern here is that I know absolutely nothing about Android or the phones available within the android space so thought I would ask you guys for some help :)

Thanks,
XIII

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to AC :)
Is there any at the moment that interest you at all or have you not looked at any?
Is there any features that are more important to you than others? Battery life? Camera? Display?

ecjd

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
As someone who used Blackberry then iPhone for ~3 years and now Android I can relate to you a bit.

It was a smoother change than I thought. Any feature that is important to you, you will be able to find in any number of Android phones. The only big change for me was the variety of apps available. But the customization was a fair trade off.

UnluckyXIII

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to AC :)
Is there any at the moment that interest you at all or have you not looked at any?
Is there any features that are more important to you than others? Battery life? Camera? Display?

Well where to start - both the Samsung Note 4 and Note Edge look interesting, also by Samsung the Galaxy Alpha and Galaxy S5, the Sony Z3 Compact, the LG G3 and Motorola Moto-X to name but a few lol!!

I guess one of the most important things is decent battery, after years of iPhones it would be nice to not worry about where the next charging point is lol!

As someone who used Blackberry then iPhone for ~3 years and now Android I can relate to you a bit.

It was a smoother change than I thought. Any feature that is important to you, you will be able to find in any number of Android phones. The only big change for me was the variety of apps available. But the customization was a fair trade off.

Since you've had experience with bot how do you find the reliability of Android vs that of IOS?

Thanks guys,
XIII

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Well where to start - both the Samsung Note 4 and Note Edge look interesting, also by Samsung the Galaxy Alpha and Galaxy S5, the Sony Z3 Compact, the LG G3 and Motorola Moto-X to name but a few lol!!

I guess one of the most important things is decent battery, after years of iPhones it would be nice to not worry about where the next charging point is lol!

Since you've had experience with bot how do you find the reliability of Android vs that of IOS?

Thanks guys,
XIII

Well most of those are still unreleased, but the GS5 or Note 4 are probably going to be the best for battery.
Have you played with the S5 to see if you like TouchWiz?

ecjd

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site

Thanks guys,
XIII

I'd say reliability is equal.

As you get into customizing your phone, flashing certain roms, trying out beta releases, etc. Reliability will go down of course.

However, if you use your stock carrier ROM, I'd say reliability isn't an issue.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Nope I haven't tried the S5, if I'm honest I've never even tried an android phone, everyone I know has an iPhone lol!!

XIII

Ah, OK. Then I'd definitely suggest going to a Best Buy or similar store in the coming weeks to try the upcoming devices. My vote would be for the new Moto X. Battery isn't the best, but it combines a great software experience with a phone that feels great in the hand and gets fast updates too :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryricherd