Hi everyone,

I can't remember my PIN. So, I am trying to boot into recovery mode on my phone. All of the websites say that you should press the Home, Volume Up (or down), and power buttons all at the same time. However, my phone doesn't have a real home button, just something that you touch when the phone is on. It is basically part of the screen. My phone is an old Galaxy S, but it still works like a charm. Except for this.

Any advice? I would appreciate help.

Thanks!
    09-20-2014 11:04 AM
    Hi everyone,

I can't remember my PIN. So, I am trying to boot into recovery mode on my phone. All of the websites say that you should press the Home, Volume Up (or down), and power buttons all at the same time. However, my phone doesn't have a real home button, just something that you touch when the phone is on. It is basically part of the screen. My phone is an old Galaxy S, but it still works like a charm. Except for this.

Any advice? I would appreciate help.

Thanks!
    Go to the Samsung homepage and search that device model. It should list the method to enter recovery and get you back up and running.
    09-20-2014 11:22 AM
    That would only allow you to wipe your phone to a factory state.
    Try Google's Android Device Manager on a pc to see if your phone has it enabled. If so 'Lock' your phone again with ADM which allows you to use a new pin that overrides your old lock.

How do you enable the Android Device Manager Guide?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
    09-20-2014 11:47 AM