I Don't Get the Downloads "App"

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
The stock pseudo-app called Downloads makes no sense to me. Is is supposed to show what's in your Downloads folder? It shows an odd subset of that, and there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to what it decides to show.

Download a PDF into the Downloads folder from Nine email, it shoes. Do the same from BBM, or some other apps, the PDF doesn't show. But they all show in Downloads folder on B1 File Manager.

And why does Downloads app have no refresh?

I don't get it :(

Posted via the Android Central App

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
If you look you have two folders, on mine they are Download and downloads. Download, big D, are items that were downloaded by the app, little d are items that were downloaded by other apps. For instance anything I get from the browser big D, SMS little d. Not sure if the app you referenced is a file manager but using a file manager should make this clearer. Of course only things downloaded by the download app will appear when viewing from the app. File manager shows all.

Posted via Android Central App

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
If you look you have two folders, on mine they are Download and downloads. Download, big D, are items that were downloaded by the app, little d are items that were downloaded by other apps. For instance anything I get from the browser big D, SMS little d. Not sure if the app you referenced is a file manager but using a file manager should make this clearer. Of course only things downloaded by the download app will appear when viewing from the app. File manager shows all.

Thank you, but that is not the case. I have one Downloads folder. Big D. Everything goes in there.

The Downloads app by Google only shows certain items within that folder. My third party file manager shows all. Even of the same file type, say PDF, the Google Downloads app only shows some of them.

Why?

Posted via the Android Central App

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Do you think it could be a time thing. Before the update I seem to remember opening downloads and it showing only the recent items. The other items were under headings like yesterday, earlier this month, last month, or maybe it was just by month. Anyway now when I go on it shows me everything I've ever downloaded, even items I no longer have. I don't have any settings to speak of but I'm assuming that you've already looked at any you have. I can change from icon to grid view and that's about it. You could try going to Google help and seeing if they have a section for download our a forum.

Attachments

• 75179.jpg
    75179.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 75180.jpg
    75180.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 5

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
Do you think it could be a time thing. Before the update I seem to remember opening downloads and it showing only the recent items. The other items were under headings like yesterday, earlier this month, last month, or maybe it was just by month. Anyway now when I go on it shows me everything I've ever downloaded, even items I no longer have. I don't have any settings to speak of but I'm assuming that you've already looked at any you have. I can change from icon to grid view and that's about it. You could try going to Google help and seeing if they have a section for download our a forum.

The missing item was the most recent.