Why is my galaxy note 3 going crazy?

Vincenzo Dimarino

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
I have a rooted/unlocked galaxy note 3 and for about 2 days I've lost most of my contacts, i can't sign into my youtube, refresh my gmail, or get into my play store at all! and i have a great 4g connection/wifi. i heard somewhere that when you sign out of your gmail acc and sign back in it'll refresh everything and the phone will fix but since i did that most of my contacts are gone and i can't sign in my youtube! please help! also I'm running jellybean if thats important

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Since Google seems to be working (including gmail and Youtube), root has nothing to do with contacts (or Google) and unlocking has nothing to do with the computer part of the phone, I can't come up with a guess to what's wrong. Unless someone else has an idea, I suggest you restore stock 4.3, then see if you still have a problem.

If you do, you can bring it to the carrier to ask for help. If not, root and see what happens. (Since Gmail, Youtube and Contacts aren't rooted programs, they shouldn't work any differently after you root.) Add your apps, one by one (you do have them all backed up off-phone, right?) and see when you start having a problem. That's the app causing it.

If you restore them all and there's no problem, unlock and you're good. (Unlocking has nothing to do with the computer part of the phone or anything Android.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez