I had deleted some files and cannot retrieve them back, Please! I NEED SOMEONE'S EXPERTISE! Thank You!
    10-31-2014 04:11 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! This isn't Windows--there is no trash bin for the Android system, unless you deleted the files within certain types of apps (like Google Photos, for example, which does have a temporary Trash folder). If you were using a file manager app and deleted a file that way, it's gone.
    10-31-2014 07:41 PM
    If the files were on the SD card, use an adapter to connect the card (not the phone) to a computer and use PhotoRec to recover them.

If they were on the phone's internal storage, you could root the phone, then install a file recovery app, but doing those things could overwrite the deleted files you're trying to recover. (You can't run a file recovery app on a non-rooted phone.)
    10-31-2014 08:04 PM
    This is a VERY serious design flaw with potentially devastating consequences. VERY BAD!!!!!
    The fact that it has STILL not been addressed is HORRENDOUS and is only due to (apparently behind-the-scene agreement to) promoting various "data recovery" tools. These tools in practice turn out pretty useless.
    I just paid for two such tools, over $100 total, with 30-day money back guarantee at al., neither really worked on my Samsung p900, meaning they did scan but recovered everything except the files I needed, which were accidently deleted just prior to the "recovery tool" purchase and attempted recovery. And of course when I tried to get a refund it wasn't provided stated that my case (product did not work as promised) "is not covered". Extremely frustrating.
    11-12-2016 06:51 AM
    This is a VERY serious design flaw with potentially devastating consequences. VERY BAD!!!!!
    The fact that it has STILL not been addressed is HORRENDOUS and is only due to (apparently behind-the-scene agreement to) promoting various "data recovery" tools. These tools in practice turn out pretty useless.
    I just paid for two such tools, over $100 total, with 30-day money back guarantee at al., neither really worked on my Samsung p900, meaning they did scan but recovered everything except the files I needed, which were accidently deleted just prior to the "recovery tool" purchase and attempted recovery. And of course when I tried to get a refund it wasn't provided stated that my case (product did not work as promised) "is not covered". Extremely frustrating.
    Regular backups prevents those issues.
    11-12-2016 07:36 AM