IS there no Trash bin on the Galaxy Note Pro SM-P900?

A

AC Question

No Trash bin on the Galaxy Note Pro SM-P900

I had deleted some files and cannot retrieve them back, Please! I NEED SOMEONE'S EXPERTISE! Thank You!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: No Trash bin on the Galaxy Note Pro SM-P900

Welcome to Android Central! This isn't Windows--there is no trash bin for the Android system, unless you deleted the files within certain types of apps (like Google Photos, for example, which does have a temporary Trash folder). If you were using a file manager app and deleted a file that way, it's gone.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: No Trash bin on the Galaxy Note Pro SM-P900

If the files were on the SD card, use an adapter to connect the card (not the phone) to a computer and use PhotoRec to recover them.

If they were on the phone's internal storage, you could root the phone, then install a file recovery app, but doing those things could overwrite the deleted files you're trying to recover. (You can't run a file recovery app on a non-rooted phone.)

yuri_dk

Nov 12, 2016
Visit site
This is a VERY serious design flaw with potentially devastating consequences. VERY BAD!!!!!
The fact that it has STILL not been addressed is HORRENDOUS and is only due to (apparently behind-the-scene agreement to) promoting various "data recovery" tools. These tools in practice turn out pretty useless.
I just paid for two such tools, over $100 total, with 30-day money back guarantee at al., neither really worked on my Samsung p900, meaning they did scan but recovered everything except the files I needed, which were accidently deleted just prior to the "recovery tool" purchase and attempted recovery. And of course when I tried to get a refund it wasn't provided stated that my case (product did not work as promised) "is not covered". Extremely frustrating.

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
This is a VERY serious design flaw with potentially devastating consequences. VERY BAD!!!!!
The fact that it has STILL not been addressed is HORRENDOUS and is only due to (apparently behind-the-scene agreement to) promoting various "data recovery" tools. These tools in practice turn out pretty useless.
I just paid for two such tools, over $100 total, with 30-day money back guarantee at al., neither really worked on my Samsung p900, meaning they did scan but recovered everything except the files I needed, which were accidently deleted just prior to the "recovery tool" purchase and attempted recovery. And of course when I tried to get a refund it wasn't provided stated that my case (product did not work as promised) "is not covered". Extremely frustrating.
Regular backups prevents those issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez