Why aren't my files backing up to my SD card?

A

AC Question

sd card problems

I just got a 64gb scan disk sd card and it's reading in my phone but it wont let me do an nandroid back up & when I back up my texts in sms back up the back up disappears same thing happens when I do a nandroid back up (after I did the back up it was there) then when I rebooted back into recovery it was gone.
I formatted it twice (fat 32) and still the same problem

please help

davidblake

Banned
Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: sd card problems

Try formatting the SD card with the NTFS format and again try talking the back up of your texts in sms backup see, if that makes any difference for you ?? I don't think that should be happening anyway if that still doesn't helps try changing the SD card to see if the problem is isolated with the SD card you are using or with something different.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: sd card problems

I just tried formatting in ntfs and now it wont read or mount in my phone

please help
Re-format the sd card to fat32. Re-insert and see if it's working properly. If it is, then try moving files manually with a file manager. When moving nandroids, move the entire recovery folder, not just the actual backup file created.

If you still have issues then it could be related to the card and device not playing nicely with each other. That seems to be the case with larger sized sd cards. Let us know how reformatting goes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non