Why doesn't my computer recognize my Galaxy Note 2?

Summerbreeze128

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
My computer doesn't recognize my galaxy note 2

I may be a little behind the times but I have a Galaxy note 2 which I have had for over 2 years. I love this phone but for some reason for the past couple of months I can't view on my computer any pictures or videos from my phone I have a windows vista computer. As you can see I don't like to change my equipment if it is working fine. However initially I was getting a message USB not recognized. So I searched online and someone suggested changing the cable, which I did. Now I don't get any response when I connect the phone to the computer using a USB cable. Help! I need to send a video from my phone via email but it keeps saying file too large so I want to download it to my computer

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: My computer doesn't recognize my galaxy note 2

Use the original cable, since evidently the computer sees some device being connected with that cable, and doesn't see any device being connected with the new cable. Install Kies - Windows and MacOS on the computer. Go to Tools and reinstall the driver. Plug the phone in. (If you're running Windows 8.1, read Windows 8.1 - Install unsigned drivers first.

If it still doesn't work, let us know and we'll go further.