Question I have a problem with my phone connecting to my car(with Aux-Aux cord)

Aber

Nov 29, 2023
Visit site
I have a Redmi note 8 and my phone won't see my car speakers when I plug in the phone with a aux-aux cord.
Here's what I have already tried:
It works with other people phone
It works when plugged in other devices, for example a computer
It's not like it sees the speakers but doesn't play music, it literally doesn't see them.
I have tried looking everywhere but I can't find a solution

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I assume you've changed the Source on the car stereo to Aux, correct? Aux connections to car stereos can be a little odd, because both the phone's volume control and the car stereo's volume control can work independently. Is the phone's volume turned all the way up? Also, make sure the aux cable's plug is fully seated in the phone's headphone jack -- you should hear or feel it click into place.

Aber

Nov 29, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I assume you've changed the Source on the car stereo to Aux, correct? Aux connections to car stereos can be a little odd, because both the phone's volume control and the car stereo's volume control can work independently. Is the phone's volume turned all the way up? Also, make sure the aux cable's plug is fully seated in the phone's headphone jack -- you should hear or feel it click into place.
Yeah, I have changed the audio to aux and also tested with a friend phone.(which is a Redmi 11, i wrote in my post that my phone is a Redmi 8 but it's actually a real me 8)I have also tried the aux cord with my PC and it works, I guess it has something to do with my phone but I can't find anything online expect someone who asked the same question and got no answers.. any idea? (Sorry for my English it isn't my native language)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm. You mentioned that it worked on other people's phones -- were those all iPhones? Some cables are specifically "Made for iPhone", so they won't necessarily work correctly on Android devices.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Madd62

Mr. Wonderful
May 31, 2021
Visit site
I dunno. Realme (& Oppo, OnePlus) seem to have a similar UI to my Xiaomi, but I don't have experience using an Aux cable.
(though I use my headphone jack all the time)

I'm guessing it's a missed setting somewhere, there are a few hidden sound features on my Xiaomi / Poco ; and I was also thinking could it be the music player app or source you use as Mustang mentioned .
(My phone has built in equaliser settings in advanced menus especially if I choose the covered headphones option which I had previously dismissed. Up to now I had used the equaliser settings on my Rocket Player app.

This guy thinks a "Reset System Settings Only" on the Realme 8 should work for a headphone jack not working at all, but I presume you can use headphones directly on the Realme.

It's also mentioned that some phones have high or low impedance output, similar to HiFi speakers of old having high or low impedance, but the Realme 8 seems to have good specs and is only a 2 year old model.