Why does my Samsung S5301 turn off and restart everytime a sim card is inserterd?

A

AC Question

my Samsung S5301 switches off and restarts again every time a sim card is inserterd

my phone ,doesn't have a problem when i power it on,problem starts when i insert a sim card where it keeps going off and restarting,tried software update/repair but the problem persists..what do i do?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: my Samsung S5301 switches off and restarts again every time a sim card is inserterd

Welcome to Android Central! Are you sure the SIM card is good? If it's defective, it might be causing issues--you may want to ask your carrier about that.

Otherwise, try booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data. Follow the steps in this video, but instead of selecting Wipe Data/Factory Reset, make sure you select Wipe Cache Partition. When complete, then select Reboot System Now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaAHn9hoZSM

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It still may be worth checking with your carrier. Perhaps there's some subtle issue with that SIM that makes it incompatible with your Pocket Plus, while it still works on another phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89