Why is my screen randomly lighting up?

A

AC Question

Hi so I got the Samsung Galaxy S5 a couple ofriends months ago, and nowe the screen is randomly lighting up while it's locked (charging/not charging). The only time it does not light up is when I am playing Spotify. This is starting to really bug me because the screen lighting up is really annoying and drains the battery, but always playing Spotify isn't a good option because it drains the battery too and uses my data up really fast. I don't know what to do please help.

AndroidProf

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi so I got the Samsung Galaxy S5 a couple ofriends months ago, and nowe the screen is randomly lighting up while it's locked (charging/not charging). The only time it does not light up is when I am playing Spotify. This is starting to really bug me because the screen lighting up is really annoying and drains the battery, but always playing Spotify isn't a good option because it drains the battery too and uses my data up really fast. I don't know what to do please help.

Ifit hasn't been doing this, then maybe there's an effect that Spotify bring to your display, maybe a setting within Spotify is messing with the phones settings. Why don't you try to uninstal Spotify and see whther this will continue?