Is there a video app for kids that only allows viewing not deleting?

CyclingGuyNola

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi All.
I am a WP\Windows guy from the Windows Central Forums and have no idea about good apps for Android.

I have a Tabeo E2 (I have Rooted) for my 4yr old to use to learn as well as play her education videos but the stock video app unfortunately allows my little one to constantly delete videos and I have to put them back on.

I found a couple apps that do the trick except they are ad riddled or more than I care to spend after spending what I have on this thing. Just wondering if there are any recommendations for video apps that will allow you to lock videos from being removed?

Another option that I'm not sure of in Android, Is there a way to lock a micro sd card in Android to view only? This would actually be awesome.

Thanks in advanced for any help.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
There are ways in Linux (the operating system in Android) to lock anything against writing - just revoke write permissions. But you have to learn to use the command line, or at least a file manager like ES File Explorer.

CyclingGuyNola

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
There are ways in Linux (the operating system in Android) to lock anything against writing - just revoke write permissions. But you have to learn to use the command line, or at least a file manager like ES File Explorer.

I'll look into both. I did install a file manager when I rooted it but can't remember which but I'll check it and I guess I'll hop on search and check out what commands I could use. Really appreciate the info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38