Why isnt' my S4 Mini connecting to 4G?

Carrie Greicar

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
S4 Mini won't connect to 4G

I have an S4 Mini that is unlocked. We hooked it up to AT&T and we are able to make calls, text, and get on the internet via wifi, but it won't connect to the 4g network. I took it to the AT&T store and they called tech support. Tech support said the IMEI was registering as a blackberry?

But they gave the AT&T rep the APN information. However, when we went to select the APN type, we are unable to select anything but default, supl and mms...but AT&T needs hipri also. Does anyone know a workaround or are we just out of luck?

Does this mean that the phone isn't truly unlocked?

Thanks in advance

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: S4 Mini won't connect to 4G

Whether it's unlocked or not, if it doesn't have a radio for the frequencies AT&T uses for 4G, you won't get 4G on AT&T with it. Unlocking just allows it to use another company's SIM card, it doesn't change the radios. (You'd have to change the motherboard to an AT&T motherboard to do that.)

Carrie Greicar

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: S4 Mini won't connect to 4G

I realize that it won't necessarily get 4g but it won't connect to the cellular data network at all. It will connect to Wifi though. I was playing with it last night though and I think I may have gotten it to work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer