Why are my pics showing as icons in the Gallery?

EnemyOf1

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Starting to Hate this phone....... Camera question

Past 3 days, I take a picture, the little bottom image shows that it's there and looks correct, but when I go to Gallery and look at the pic, it just shows some icon, like a sideways person and a lightning bolt above him. I tried the Photos App from Google, it shows a similar image in preview screen, when I select one to look, it says media not found. Between this and my GFit watch that will not work either, fairly pissed with Samsung today.

EnemyOf1

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Starting to Hate this phone....... Camera question

Hallux. Sorry, Galaxy S5 forum, so that I skipped intentionally, Android Ver. 4.4.2. I'm sure it's the factory Samsung Camera. Earlier I took a screen cap of the gallery through the factory Samsung Gallery App, and that worked correctly, and shows the thumb and opens the image in the Gallery APP. Hope this is enough info. I've also downloaded the Google Camera App, will post if it works or not.

Thanks!

EnemyOf1

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site

Glad you asked, Installed the Google Camera App, and it worked fine. Couldn't find a way to uninstall/reinstall the factory Samsung Camera App. Will use the Google camera till I can hopefully get some answers.

Thanks!

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site

Glad you asked, Installed the Google Camera App, and it worked fine. Couldn't find a way to uninstall/reinstall the factory Samsung Camera App. Will use the Google camera till I can hopefully get some answers.

Thanks!

But what model Samsung phone do you have?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site

But what model Samsung phone do you have?

The OP mentioned the GS5 in their reply to me, above the post you replied to. They assumed people would assume the GS5 because they thought they posted in the GS5 forum, they didn't as we're in the general Ask a Question forum...

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site

The OP mentioned the GS5 in their reply to me, above the post you replied to. They assumed people would assume the GS5 because they thought they posted in the GS5 forum, they didn't as we're in the general Ask a Question forum...

Yeah, my apologies I see that now. Somehow I completely missed the first response and just read the second posting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress