Why are my app icons smaller than normal?

Zachary Boydston

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
app icons smaller than normal

I got a new phone fairly recently and have noticed that some of the app icons are smaller than usual. This was not the case with these same apps on my previous phones. Is there any way to fix this? I am currently using a zte n9810; virgin mobile supreme.

EDIT: Here is a screenshot so you can see what I mean.Screenshot_2014-11-16-08-29-55.png

Last edited:

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: app icons smaller than normal

What was your old phone? Chances are good it's a combination of a different screen size and different software (I'm assuming your old phone was from a different manufacturer).

As long as the icons themselves appear to be very close to the same size from one to the next, I wouldn't be to concerned that they look different from your old device.

Zachary Boydston

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site

My old phone was a samsung galaxy centura, which was a lot smaller and, yes, a different manufacturer. I edited my post and added a screen cap and as you can see the difference isn't too massive or anything. It's just kind of bugging me and I was curious to find out if anyone had any info on the matter as I didn't find much through searching.

It just seems kind of odd that it would happen, but ultimately, as long as the apps work as intended, I suppose it's a non-issue.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

So basically there is nothing to be done about the issue and I'm just going to have to deal with it?

Gah, it is making me feel so OCD! :S

You can install some custom launcher, as Nova, and change the whole icon pack or just individually the ones that you're unhappy with. Try the free version first and just play around a little bit. You are not going to lose your original homescreens and most likely you'll never go back to the stock launcher after that.

Zachary Boydston

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site

I completely overlooked custom launchers... *facepalm*

I'll definitely look into that. I know there are plenty of perks aside from custom icons. Thanks for all the input, everyone. I appreciate the tips.

I think that pretty much resolves the topic. How do I archive it? Or does someone else do that? Sorry, I'm new to these forums.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty