Question Is it normal to have a Samsung listing in my system apps?

Tiffany Andrew

May 26, 2023
Visit site
I've had my pixel 6 for well over a yr now but I've recently noticed major battery drain and other little things happening; like not being able to type in a preset box when filling out something. I've called my carrier.. done all TSing with them--we can't figure it out. So I rebooted in safe mode to look at my apps as there have been a few glitches here and there that are question- I found a com.samsung.slsi.telephony file- is this normal? Help please

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It's on my Pixel 7 Pro as well. Google's Tensor chips are based on the Samsung Exynos (which is what fuzzylumpkin was referring to), so this is not surprising.

There was a known issue with some Pixel phones experiencing battery drain and overheating after the May update due to a glitch with the Google app -- this was supposed to be fixed with a server-side update: https://9to5google.com/2023/05/15/pixel-battery-drain-google-app/. How long have you been seeing this?

Make sure your Google app is completely up to date. Also, make sure both your monthly security update and your Google Play system updates are current (in Settings>Security>Updates).

Tiffany Andrew

May 26, 2023
Visit site
Yeah, the majority of the pixel is actually made by Samsung. Think this particular file is to do with the modem.

All you're going to accomplish by sifting through system files is driving yourself insane.
Too late for that!!! I've been through my system before and don't remember seeing it. But I've downloaded Malwarebytes. There has been too many weird things happening pertaining to my cell. Idk. Thank you for answering my question though. Good day