Why is my LG G3 restarting instantly?

quixver

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
LG G3 keeps restarting instantly

My 3 month old G3 is restarting. It gets to the point of showing the LG logo then shuts down, and in a minute it restarts again, then shuts down and repeats the cycle. The only way to stop it is to remove the battery. When I put the battery back in and try to start it, the cycle of restarting starts again.
I tried to do hard reset, and I get to the hard reset menu and select yes twice, but it shuts down again, only to start up a minute later.

It happened to me about a month ago, and that time removing the battery helped, but not this time.

I hope I can do something to fix it.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: LG G3 keeps restarting instantly

Or, since it's under warranty, you could bring it to the carrier's store and ask them to fix or replace it. (Make sure everything is backed up first, no matter what you do - fix it yourself or bring it in.)

quixver

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site

Thank you for your replys.

I followed that link and tried to follow those instructions, but I have a problem. When I enter in to download mode, it shuts down again before my PC recognizes the phone. How can I fix that? I've installed the latest version of the lg mobile driver.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

I'm afraid I don't know that. It may be best at this point to consider using the warranty, as Rukbat suggested.

If you prefer to continue trying to fix it yourself, however, you could try posting the question in the LG G3 forum, where someone may be able to advise.

Posted via Android Central App

Lorenc Bardhi

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
Hello my LG G3 D855 is having the same issue. BUT i must say that i noticed something that when i don't use a micro sim card ( Vodafone Carrier Albania ) my phone does not restart/reboot itself indefinitely. Also i have to say i have been using this sim card for like 3 months and this issue only
appeared last week. :'( :'(

Could you guys help me with this issue ?

Dwayne Miller2

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site

First of all, plug the phone into the power/Charger. (to will assist it to not restart all the time)

Then you go to Menu -
Then go to the " General" -
Then scroll down to "Backup and Restore"
In Back up and Restore "unmark" the option "Automatic Restoration

This should do the trick very nicely. Try this before you get a new battery. It should save you time and efforts.

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
I have this problem and it has got to the point where I can no longer use my phone because it is waisting time and battery life on this cycle, I am now struggling to turn my phone on with out it doing this any ideas on how to to turn it on and keep it on

tan23

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site

First of all, plug the phone into the power/Charger. (to will assist it to not restart all the time)

Then you go to Menu -
Then go to the " General" -
Then scroll down to "Backup and Restore"
In Back up and Restore "unmark" the option "Automatic Restoration

This should do the trick very nicely. Try this before you get a new battery. It should save you time and efforts.

It doest work on me. Anything else that i could do? Is reformatting needed?

Nouman Tanveer

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
have ant one fixed that problem , after updating to mm rom ( radeonmaya v6) I'm having this problem on my f460s . pluging in power cable / charger wont helping restarting, even its not entering recovery or download mode :( :'(

Akh ILY

May 2, 2016
Visit site
Gentlemen! i have found the solution to frequent shutting down / restarting of LG G3 D855.
Background:
My LG G3 D855, Middle Eastern Version was shutting down by itself. This behavior was more frequent, just once i dialed any number, or when there was an incoming call. When i connected the headphone and screen went blank, then i could hear "ticktictick" sound in the headphones, which meant that the phone is not 100 percent dead. Then it could not be restarted, unless the remove the battery and press the power button for few seconds then insert the battery and turn it ON. Certain times, it acted like getting restarted by itself. and one day it started this behavior from 8 in the morning till 4 in the afternoon. I tried all means, resetting and all, but the problem prevailed. Finally getting frustrated, i decided to throw this into a dustbin.

Fix:
Before going to throw away my LG G3 into dustbin, i wanted to try rooting and Custom Rom stuff.
I tried the "one click rooting method", but the phone could not bee rooted.
Then i tried method [GUIDE][ROOT] Newest Root Method for LG devi… | LG G3

Before doing custom ROM, i wanted to see behavior of rooted phone. Luckily it never restarted or shut down after rooting was done.
i am happy now,and it worked perfectly for me. Only rooting worked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress