How do I get contacts into my phone via the People app?

maxell100

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
People app

I just migrated from 2.3.5 and I'm really confused by Android's new version of the People app. This is on a Moto G 4.4.4 phone.

Two phone numbers ring this phone. One is the regular cell number. The other is my Google Voice number. It was suggested to use another Google account for the Google Voice number, which I did. Both accounts are configured into the phone.

I manually imported contacts into this phone, but none appear in the People app. They do populate when text messaging, so they are present somewhere in the phone but I can't see them. Instead, whenever using the People app, it asks which Gmail account I want to use and my answer is neither. I don't want to sync the contacts with Google nor segregate them between Google accounts. I just want them all in one place.

Can this be done, or do I need another People / Contacts app?

maxell100

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: People app

If you click menu in the contacts app, and then click contacts to display, does that bring up your contacts?

I see them now, I had to select "All Contacts".

When I attempt to add a new contact, it still wants me to add them to one of my Google accounts. I don't see a way out, I have to select one account or the other.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: People app

I see them now, I had to select "All Contacts".

When I attempt to add a new contact, it still wants me to add them to one of my Google accounts. I don't see a way out, I have to select one account or the other.

Not sure how to help out on the new contact. I uploaded my contacts to Google a long time ago.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch