Why are my wifi bars turning grey?

bmsirius

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Problem with wifi

I have a problem with wifi, the wifi bar turns grey and i cant use playstore, facebook newsfeed and i got errors like "google play hast stopped" etc. When i switch to another router i have blue wifi and no problems.The problem is in my router i tried everything i could find on google, clear cache,clear data, even factory reset, so i think that the problem is in my router.I tried forwarding 5228 port but i couldn't get it opened, I know all the procedure of port forwarding but I couldn't manage to do that on this one. I would appreciate any help, ty.

btw. my router is ZTE zxhn h367n.

bmsirius

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: Problem with wifi

Thanks for your reply. I tried all of those solution except Wi-Fi Frequency band I dont have that option.As I said i dont have problems connecting to wifi, only problem is I can't connect to google servers and my wifi icon turns grey.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

There was a change to 802.11 (the spec) a while back that's been causing problems. My Note 3 and my pretty new Linksys router work with most connections, but slowly. Only the guest account works well.

A Netgear N300 ($35 worth of what I thought was junk - I was going to try it, find that it didn't work any better and return it) works fine, at full speed.

Make sure your router is using WPA2 Personal AES, a lot of phones are having a problem with TKIP or mixed AES/TKIP.

(Standards are a great idea - too bad nothing is standard other than the fact that every manufacturer considers them suggestions to be ignored.)

bmsirius

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for reply, I've changed encryption type to WPA2 Personal AES, even disabled encryption but still doesn't work. Today i found out that I'm not the only one having problems with this new router that I've got from my ISP, a few friends of mine told me that they have the same problems, so I tried calling my ISP and explain it to them about it, and as usual I couldn't get any help from them.As i explained earlier I didn't had these problems with my previos router but this one (ZTE zxhn h367n) is causing me all this trouble. So i wanna figure out what is it with this one that is different from old one that i had.So I would appreciate any help given.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

As I said, I just gave up and spent the $35 for one that works. I've designed a lot of hardware and software, I know how a router works, I can even get source code for firmware to put into the router and play with it to get it to work - but it's not worth the effort. (Before I retired, my pay check was more than $35 when I was out for lunch for an hour.)

It's like I tell everyone with phones that are under warranty to have them replaced - sometimes it might be interesting to find out what's causing a problem, but the work involved in tracking down the problem isn't worth the difference (replacing the phone in that case, $35 in this case).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I have no experience with ZTE routers, so it's hard to say how reliable they are. Their website doesn't instill confidence--usually, the support sites for a router manufacturer makes it pretty easy to find the latest firmware (or prior versions of the firmware, in case the latest one is buggy). This is the best I could find for ZTE: Support - ZTE Devices - Bringing you closer. Try entering your information and see if you can find any firmware updates. I couldn't really start, since I don't know what country you're in.

bmsirius

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site

B. Diddy I've tried searching for a firmware but I couldn't even open their support page. I'm from Bosnia btw. I registered on their forum and asked for help but they didnt replied to me

Erna Sasic

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
Sorry but my English is pretty bad so for me it is easier to ask original poster on Bosnian.

Imam isti router od logosofta i isti problem - moj muz je probao sve dok nije na kraju nasao tvoj post.
Da li si nasao neko rjesenje?
Hvala