How do I reset a rooted phone (Xperia C)?

computer-genius

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Unable to reset a rooted phone Xperia C

Hey everyone,

I am new to this rooted stuff, never rooted a phone before, I bought this phone 2nd hand and few days later I wanted to reset it as it was lagging bad because of too many apps installed from previous owner, I went to reset the phone from settings and it wont work and give me errors like:

E: Invalid command argument

I rebooted it 2 times and it came back to normal phone asked me for language and stuff as it was a new phone but it still wasnt fully reset yet as there was an app called "Super User" so i am thinking its rooted.. How do I get rid of it?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Unable to reset a rooted phone Xperia C

Superuser is the app rooted apps use to ask for root, it's not rooting the phone. (But a factory reset doesn't unroot the phone. Look in Superuser's settings for unrooting.)

Rooting won't slow the phone down, though. Apps that don't need root don't even know that the phone is rooted.

computer-genius

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Re: Unable to reset a rooted phone Xperia C

Superuser is the app rooted apps use to ask for root, it's not rooting the phone. (But a factory reset doesn't unroot the phone. Look in Superuser's settings for unrooting.)

Rooting won't slow the phone down, though. Apps that don't need root don't even know that the phone is rooted.

Superuser's setting dont have anything for unrooting only giving permissions and such.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38