Question How do I permanently block/reset all push notifications, when I sell a phone?

MikeSD

Mar 11, 2019
Visit site
Is there a way to block, reset, or permanently block all notifications to my phone, if I sell or give away my phone. I do NOT want a future owner to continue to receive my notifications. Seems to be related to the specific phone vs. me.

Is there a way to configure the phone so that ONLY new notifications can be received?

Thanks
Mike

MikeSD

Mar 11, 2019
Visit site
Factory reset it.
Is there something confusing about what I said?

I get notifications on my phone from my security system, apps, etc. I don't want the next person who has my phone to get those. Those push notifications seem to be pushed notifications to my phone, by a unique ID

I know this happens because i gave my old phone to my wife, and took off the qpps she didn't need. But she still receives push notifications for removed apps.

How do I make sure NO ONE receives notificarions that were meant for me.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

I get notifications on my phone from my security system, apps, etc. I don't want the next person who has my phone to get those. Those push notifications seem to be pushed notifications to my phone, by a unique ID

I know this happens because i gave my old phone to my wife, and took off the qpps she didn't need. But she still receives push notifications for removed apps.

If you factory reset a phone, everything there will be removed. None of your data will remain, and none of your notifications will come through on that device.

You should always factory reset before selling or giving away a device.

MikeSD

Mar 11, 2019
Visit site
If you factory reset a phone, everything there will be removed. None of your data will remain, and none of your notifications will come through on that device.

You should always factory reset before selling or giving away a device.
Ok, I can do that. I always do a factory reset when selling. It's just that when I gave my wife my phone, she continually asked me about notification popups, even though I removed those apps. I was just worried that a notification might still come through, if the new owner uses the same app, since the unique phone ID used, is the same.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site

Exactly what conite and fuzzylumpkin said.

What you said was no confusing at all.

What a "factory reset" does is... well... resets your phone to out-of-box factory condition. As in, before you did anything to it.

As said, something that is typically done before selling a phone so that nothing of yours is on the phone.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I can do that. I always do a factory reset when selling. It's just that when I gave my wife my phone, she continually asked me about notification popups, even though I removed those apps. I was just worried that a notification might still come through, if the new owner uses the same app, since the unique phone ID used, is the same.
So when you gave your wife your phone, I assume you did a full factory reset? You can tell because your wife would've had to set the phone up from the main setup wizard.

If so, then does your wife share your Google account, or accounts for other apps?

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter