Any Update For My Samsung?

Klovis 27

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
Will Samsung Galaxy Pocket Plus S5301(4.0.4) Get An update soon?Cause its been a year with no update!!!

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The custom ROM has to be written for your phone (there's no "generic Android custom ROM"), and as Golfdriver said, if Cyanogen doesn't have a ROM for your device (they don't, as of today), it's unlikely that anyone would build one from scratch. (It's months of full-time work and there's no pay in it - ROMs are free. Would you put in 6 months full time without getting paid?)

The last ROM Samsung came out with was 4.0.4 and that's about as far as you're going to get on that phone. Almost no phones are supported for more than 2 years, and a cheaper phone may only be supported for a year. You got at least one update (it was released with 4.0).

Klovis 27

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
The custom ROM has to be written for your phone (there's no "generic Android custom ROM"), and as Golfdriver said, if Cyanogen doesn't have a ROM for your device (they don't, as of today), it's unlikely that anyone would build one from scratch. (It's months of full-time work and there's no pay in it - ROMs are free. Would you put in 6 months full time without getting paid?)

The last ROM Samsung came out with was 4.0.4 and that's about as far as you're going to get on that phone. Almost no phones are supported for more than 2 years, and a cheaper phone may only be supported for a year. You got at least one update (it was released with 4.0).
It means I cant install a custom rom on my phone?

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It means you can install any ROM on your phone that was written for your phone. I'm not guaranteeing that some ROM developer didn't write a 4.4 ROM for your phone, it's just VERY unlikely.

The phone is 3G, has an 850 MHz single core CPU, 4GB of storage, most of which is used by Android and 512MB of RAM. It can't run a lot of apps written in the last year. In computer terms, it's Windows 2k. (That's why carriers give you the option of upgrading every 2 years or less - a phone that old is very old technology.)