Why is my micro sd card suddenly corrupting photos on my Galaxy S4?

Kayla23

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Micro sd card suddenly corrupting photos on galaxy s4

I have had a Kingston 64gb micro sd card in my Samsung galaxy for about 6 months and never had a problem. In the past 2 months or so, I have noticed that I have taken photos and they have stayed on there for a week or so, then when I go to view them, they are no longer there. Its a box with white head and like a lightening strike through it and wont open. Have tried putting them onto my computer but they still wont work. It is doing the same with my videos saying " this video cannot be played" and now also my music that I have always been able to play says " unsupported file type" . Any idea on what could be happening?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Micro sd card suddenly corrupting photos on galaxy s4

Welcome to Android Central! Samsung devices seem to be notoriously finicky when it comes to SD cards, and corruption issues are fairly common on these forums. I would try a different card. Sandisk is probably the most reliable brand.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Micro sd card suddenly corrupting photos on galaxy s4

Not only the most reliable, but when Samsung messed up the SD card firmware (I think that was on the S3), SanDisk came out with a card that worked with the bad firmware. Great company if you have to contact them too.