Why am I unable to sign into firewall when connected to wi-fi (not redirected to signin page)?

apalmatier1101

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Unable to sign into firewall when connected to wi-fi (not redirected to signin page)

I have a Samsung Galaxy 5 - Active. When at work, if I turn my Wi-Fi off, I can access all websites without issues. When I connect to the Wi-Fi, I am unable to do so. When I type in a webpage (like yahoo.com) under internet, I get the following message: "This webpage is not available: The server at <website name> can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Internet from accessing the network." On my previous phone, I would automatically be redirected to a signin page where I need to enter a login and password on a daily basis in order to access internet. I also tried using Chrome, however I am not redirected to the signin page and get a similar error message: "You are offline. Wi-Fi and mobile data are turned off." Under details - error code: DNS-PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET. Again, when I turn off the Wi-Fi, I am able to access websites with no issues.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Unable to sign into firewall when connected to wi-fi (not redirected to signin page)

Welcome to Android Central! Try clearing all of your browsing data (I think the cookies would be the important part).

apalmatier1101

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Re: Unable to sign into firewall when connected to wi-fi (not redirected to signin page)

I have done that however there is no change. I'm still getting the error message instead of being redirected to our sonic wall firewall login page.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

How about forgetting the network connection, then connecting to it again? Or force-stopping Chrome, then opening it again?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch