internet on Samsung galaxy tab 4

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
My internet will not work on my tablet it says I am connected but it says it does not have internet on google play,chrome,games and other applications. I know it is not my router because it works for my lg optimus f3, and my laptop. I've tried rebooting, factory new, and changing WiFi to static, nothing seems to be helping please help.

Edit: I know it is not a virus or malware because I never downloaded anything on the browser. If it is in fact malware or a virus, could someone tell me how to download antivirus from my laptop? Thanks in advance.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That is a little odd, since the Tab 4 is supposed to support dual wi-fi bands. Did you buy the tablet brand new? Where did you get it from? Counterfeit or clone Samsung devices are somewhat common, so I wonder if that might be the case here.

Show us the screenshot for Settings>About Tab, where you can see the model number and other data. The menu can often indicate if a device is fake, because it might look very different from the real thing (which you can find by searching the web for images of "Samsung Tab 4 settings").

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
TKIP or TKIP+AES security in the router plus 4.4.2 or later version of Android. They don't work well together on some devices. (The connection is so slow that some connections time out.) Try using AES on your router.