Question Bad internet when using streaming services on tanix android box

Loncic0x

Nov 18, 2023
Visit site
When using streaming services on my Tanix Android box, my internet connection becomes painfully slow. It is so sluggish that websites take up to 30 seconds to load, and online games can take as long as 15 minutes. However, when I check Ookla Speedtest, the speeds appear to be normal. Please help me fix this.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you able to test on another wi-fi network? I realize this would be a hassle since it's a TV box and not a mobile device. Maybe you could test it on your phone's mobile hotspot?

Another thing to try is a reboot of your router -- unplug its power for 30 seconds, then plug it back in again.

If you're using a VPN, make sure to turn that off.

Loncic0x

Nov 18, 2023
Visit site
I checked how it felt on my phone's mobile hotspot and that day it appeared to be fine but my internet doesn't instantly become sluggish when i turn on a film or a serie, i have no idea what triggers it. Also the streaming service I am using is Streamio which might have something to do with it and it might not idk.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you saying that it never slowed down using your mobile hotspot? If so, that would strongly suggest an issue with your home wi-fi network. (But be cautious about using your hotspot, because most carriers will throttle that once you reach a certain amount of GB used per month.)

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej