How do I text on an LG Gpad 7.0 using the phone number assigned to it by AT&T?

A

AC Question

how do i text on lg gpad 7.0 using the phone number assigned to it by at&t

I have a lg gpad 7.0 with at&t. It was assigned a phone number but I cant figure out how to text on it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: how do i text on lg gpad 7.0 using the phone number assigned to it by at&t

Welcome to Android Central! What do you mean that it was assigned a phone number? Do you have a SIM inserted? In Settings>About Tablet>Status, is there a listing for the phone number?

If so, then does the tablet have a Messaging app? How about Hangouts? Open Hangouts, tap Menu, then Settings, and see if there is an SMS option.

Prinxy

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
Re: How do I text on an LG Gpad 7.0 using the phone number assigned to it by AT&T?

Hangouts open only net cnntn thre is no intrnet hangouts not open....... Plz tell me how can i text with sim wdout intrnt .....

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: How do I text on an LG Gpad 7.0 using the phone number assigned to it by AT&T?

Hangouts open only net cnntn thre is no intrnet hangouts not open....... Plz tell me how can i text with sim wdout intrnt .....

Welcome. :)

To use Hangouts you will need mobile data or wifi. Are you saying that you have neither of those when trying to use Hangouts, or is this also a problem when trying to use other apps?