Why is my M8 phone memory to SD card data corruption when transferring files (used ph transfer option)?

A

AC Question

m8 phone memory to SD card data corruption when transferring files (used ph transfer option)

Hi, HELP.

My HTC One M8 phone memory was full, I bought a Sandisk micro memory card. When phone menu asked to transfer across my data files, I went ahead and did so (wasn't w/ my laptop, so did not back up first). Sent across to the SD card were my .jpeg, videos and my recordings.

I'm now unable to access the files. The files show the dreaded gray triangle with exclamation mark and unable to see any preview, play or access.

I unmounted the SD disc and put it into the laptop. The files show in the directory and with all their data size, name shown etc, but won't open up. Not all jpeg files appear corrupted by majority are, all recordings files won't play via phone or laptop.

- Get error messages Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file (recordings) or
- for .jpeg files: Windows photo viewer can't open this picture because either Photo Viewer doesn't support the file format or you don't have the latest updates for photo viewer.

I normally do regular backups but haven't for some weeks, unfortunately some of the recent voice recordings & pictures weren't back up.

I put a new SD card in and tested it.....yes works and yes can access them via laptop playing etc.

My question - what program can I use to attempt to restore the corrupted datafiles. Or should I reformat the 'corrupted' SD card and copy the files back across to see if they'll work. I saved all the SD files to my laptop (don't know if they files themselves are fried by being corrupted during the transfer from phone to SD process - i'm guessing yes since the laptop can't open them). Would really like to try to repair them.

Any help much appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non