will not move apps to sd..pissed off

jl1959

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Just got dragon touch a1 x tablet and can not put a damm thing on my SD card, rooting is sadly beyond me, down load app mgr lll and another say does not support moving. Is there any thing I can do? Please help

Posted via the Android Central App

rcunningham

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Moving apps to the card is a little different than moving files. Some apps won''t work if run from the card (no widget will), and if the developer knows what he's doing, and his app won't run from the card, he won't allow it to be moved to the card. (To keep from having to answer all the "I moved your app to my SD card and it stopped working" emails - even though it says, right on the app's page, that it won't run from the card.)

Also, some of the newer phones just don't support moving apps to the SD card, so you just can't on that phone (or tablet). The only way to defeat that is with a custom ROM that allows moving apps. (Since it seems that this is one of those no-name Chinese devices, information about it is about as easy to find as finding a flying elephant, and the odds of finding a custom ROM for it aren't much better.)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty