How do I change my files background back to black (Galaxy S5)?

A

AC Question

Galaxy S5 update

The new update made my settings and files background white.I want it black how do i change it

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S5 update

Welcome to the new world.

You may have Android Lollipop / 5.0 then.

The theme is white, sadly, and I am not looking forward to it on my Note 3 either.
The Note 4 already has a white theme.

The good news is they are working on a dark theme.

For the moment you can install a launcher app like Nova, which is simple to use, and apparently can negate the white theme on Lollipop.

I started using Nova on a simple level with my Note 3.

Shinabhil

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site

The white theme is hurting my eyes so bad I may have to change phones... this launcher called Nova is it easy to install and use, I have never interfered with the OS before - true novice I am

Shinabhil

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site

so sorry I installed it - mind you as a novice I am not sure I had a choice... anyway, I dont think I can continue with it, I may have to revert to my old S3. I also notice I dont get any sound notification when a msg comes in and it no longer
appears on the locked screen, even though I set it up to do both.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for registering. It may be Nova will not change the white settings menu, I have read. I hope it's enough of a temporary fix.

You're right. A launcher will change just the drawer background. For the settings you need to root your phone and see if there's a dark theme available already.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

You're right. A launcher will change just the drawer background. For the settings you need to root your phone and see if there's a dark theme available already.
Or don't screw the phone and continue with retina burns until a dark theme is finalised. I'm convinced it's coming out soon. I read two articles a while back.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

The same has happened to me...it sux...I want it back to black...I hate updates that interfere with the settings...have you had any feedback yet?
I haven't heard the latest on a full dark theme emerging. I don't have a Samsung any more and it's not really as bad on my Moto G.

You could start a thread / question in the Ask Any Question or General Help and How To forums.
Someone will have better insight.

It's got to the point where Android M is not far from release, afaik.

Welcome to the Android Central.