How do I get the Nokia Here map app for Android to go into landscape mode?

Jim_in_VA

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Nokia "Here" map app for Android

I download "Here" for my S5 and Tab Pro. I can't get either one to go into landscape mode. Anyone else have the problem?

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: Nokia "Here" map app for Android

Hi. Did you find it. I meant to reply earlier.
The green icon bottom left. It puts it in wotsit view , but slide two fingers down and it's back to overhead/flat view.
I've lost my terminology book.
That works for me on my Note 3.
My app icon says Here Beta.

On Edit: Well, it does a few things like Locate also, and I haven't tried it recently for Navigation, but I think if you keep tapping that sucker it will rotate.

Last edited:

Tor Slettnes

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Once you start navigation, HERE follows the orientation of your phone. This might be enough if you're OK with holding the phone in your hand while you enter/search for directions, then dock it in landscape while navigating.

You can force auto-rotation always, but it's a bit more complicated. You'll need to:
  • Root your phone
  • Install the Xposed Framework
  • Install the App Settings module, enable it(!), and reboot.
  • In "App Settings", find "HERE" (com.here.app.maps), and under Orientation select "Force auto-rotation"
  • Save, and reboot.

Idiotic and misguided AndroidCentral forum rules prevent me from posting links until I have 10 posts (so much for encouraging helpful discussions!), but you can search for the above via Google.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch