Should I upgrade Note 10.1 2014 to Kitkat?

A

AC Question

I'm so pleased I found this forum, I've been reading extensively and you have all helped me iron out some queries relating to my first tablet purchase. I have ordered a Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 and it will be arriving today (UK). I know nothing about tablets, I have never even used one, but I am fairly computer literate.

During the course of my research it seems that owners of this tablet have been looking forward to the 4.4.2 upgrade which apparently alleviates some of the performance lag which has also been noted by some people. However I am concerned to also read reports that this upgrade can cause poor battery performance - a feature which is important to me. I would therefore be very grateful if people who've upgraded could share their experiences, because I don't know whether to do this upgrade or not once the tablet has arrived.

If you have any other tips on how to set up this tablet from new (for a beginner) I would be very grateful. I don't think I will be going overboard on apps but I will definitely need to install a voice recognition facility (I currently use Dragon on my desktop PC) because I have difficulty typing (RSI).

Kind regards
Lindsay

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello Lindsay. You may get a response here, but I recommend joining as a member so that you can post in the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 forum, where you'll be among other users of that device.☺

Posted via the Android Central App

Lindsay19

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Thank you Belodion - I've now joined (I had a few problems with the capcha codes the first time) so I will ask in the Note 10.1 forum. I'm looking forward to reading more about these tablets - I hope I can adapt from my PC platform and get the most out of my new device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty