Why is signal bad when i call a mobile on my lg g3?

A

AC Question

Hi all ive been reading some posts regarding this but not sure what to do?
I only have an issue with background white noise and intermitant cutting out when i call a mobile, calling a landline is fine.

ive done a factory reset changed the settings on voice enhancement changed to 3G setting etc but no difference.

Ive just changed from iphone 4 to LG G3 about a week ago and the signal voice quality on the calls was crystal clear.it was using 3G network, does apple have better arieals etc in their phones?

It cant be a speaker issue as i would have had the same noise and cut outs. Is it the lollipop software doing this? other people have sent their phones back and had a new phone sent out with the same problem.
Ive called O2 and everything is fine their end and spoken to LG but they just say send it in to be looked at. im not keen on doing this as i fitted an expensive glass screen protector.
if it has to go back though it will have to.

Any suggestions and has any one else had these probs and what did you do.

thanks for any replies.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi all ive been reading some posts regarding this but not sure what to do?
I only have an issue with background white noise and intermitant cutting out when i call a mobile, calling a landline is fine.

ive done a factory reset changed the settings on voice enhancement changed to 3G setting etc but no difference.

Ive just changed from iphone 4 to LG G3 about a week ago and the signal voice quality on the calls was crystal clear.it was using 3G network, does apple have better arieals etc in their phones?
It wouldn't matter (and if you remember the iPhone 4 debacle you would consider that question the ppunch line of a joke aimed to embarrass Apple). Woith a digital signal, noise on the signal doesn't ppear as noise in the sound, it appears as either an 'underwater' sound (for CDMA systems) or a garbles dound (for GSM signals). White noise is something being generated in the phone, or being sent to you from the tower.

It cant be a speaker issue as i would have had the same noise and cut outs.
No noise in the speakerphone, but noise in the normal phone-to-your-ear calls?

O2 should take care of it for you, you shouldn't have to go to the trouble and expense of packing it up and sending it to LG. (In the US, for a phone less than 2 weeks old, they'd just replace the phone. (I'd call the protector company first, to see if the protector can be removed, or if they'll replace it for a reduced price, although most good G3 tempered glass protectors are under $10 (6.50 British Pounds or 8.80 Euros), so you can't expect much of a reduction from that (they're paying shipping, handling, packaging, etc).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87