Why does my unplugged Nexus 5 keeps shutting down after app usage ?

A

AC Question

Hello,

I bought a Nexus 5 a year ago and it has been running fine. After the lollipop update, my phone has started crashing. Even the phone has enough battery, if I run any app for like 5 minutes(happens for any app, no particular app I could isolate), the phone just crashes to a black screen. When I start it again, the battery has suddenly gone to zero from its initial healthy number (e.g. 40%) and phone shuts down again (sometimes even at the loading stage after the "google" display on starting). But if I charge my phone even for a second after it crashes and then restart it, then battery shows up as 40% (or whatever it was pre-crash) again. But then the phone crashes again after I use it. If I don't run any apps, then the phone does not crash.

Does anyone know the solution to this problem ?? Please help because now I can't use my phone even for 5 minutes without giving it a charger jumpstart !

Note: The phone never crashes when it is plugged to a charger no matter how many apps I use. It only crashes if its unplugged.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
The update and the battery problem may be no more than coincidental. From your description it sounds like the battery needs replacing.

However, following the update, a Cache Partition wipe, and also clearing the app cached data in Settings, Storage, Cached Data, wouldn't do any harm.

Posted via the Android Central App