Why are my Google Now Reminders trying to set my clock alarm?

sibex

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I am on a Galaxy S5, in the UK on EE. Running Lollipop 5.0 but with a new update that has fixed the no silent mode issue.
I have just tried to set a reminder using Google Now with my voice, which has always worked before, except now the reminder sets my clock alarm instead of storing it in Google Now in the usual way!
Anyone any ideas?
I've checked that the Clock app hasn't been set as default etc.... but to no avail.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited:

sibex

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I don't believe it is, no. Although I'm not 100%. I've checked S Voice and it isn't set as the default for anything.
When Speak my reminder, instead of saying "Do you want to set this reminder" as it used to, it says "Setting Alarm" and displays the Clock Icon. If I tap the three vertical dots next to that icon, the drop down just gives me the option to set using the clock.
So Weird. It's like the reminder service isn't even an option.

fcastillo#AC

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problem, I think it's a bug. The reminders work normally if you type the phrase instead of doing it by voice, it is very weird. It's the same phrase but one method gets you the actual reminder and the other the alarm clock. I only noticed it today

sibex

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I'm glad someone else has seen the same. I thought I was going mad. Wonder if it's a bug with the latest update that fixed the silent mode issue then.... Hmmmm

Kevin Amundson

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
Both my Nexus 5 running stock 5.1 and wife's stock Nexus 4 running 5.0.1 just started doing the same thing. When you use either of the phrases "add reminder" or "create reminder" it sets an alarm instead of setting a reminder. You can set a reminder manually be saying "show me my reminders", selecting "Show more", and then selecting the "+".

Both the Nexus 5 and Nexus 4 are running 'Google App' version 4.2.16.87075793.arm

Kevin Amundson

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
I checked the Play Store to see if an update was available for 'Google App'. Looks like there is an update (version 4.3.10.88581490.arm), but after installing there was no fix. It still reverts to an Alarm instead of a Reminder.

ekholbrook

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Same thing happened to me too. I spent most of the evening uninstalling recent apps, resetting default things, clearing caches, everything... only to realize that it MUST be something on google's end.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
g1303bk