Why is my battery life draining so fast?

A

AC Question

Hello all, Moto G user here, and, before the most recent update, the battery life was great. I would leave the phone on standby overnight and wake up with a battery loss of about 5%. Now it loses almost all of its battery in one night. I went into battery usage and it seems like "exchange services" is the biggest culprit totaling almost 40% of battery usage. It wasn't like that before the update.

How can I fix this? I just disabled e-mails on my phone but I'd still really like to receive them.

It seems like it is sending a lot of "packets". Another thing - any way I can convert that into bytes?

Thanks!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
it seems like "exchange services" is the biggest culprit totaling almost 40% of battery usage.
If you don't use an Exchange server for email, disable it.

It seems like it is sending a lot of "packets". Another thing - any way I can convert that into bytes?
No. There's a maximum number of bytes in a packet, and a minimum number of bytes, but the number of bytes in any given packet can be anywhere between the two limits. (About a couple of dozen to about 1,500.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty