Why is battery now draining SO FAST on Android 12?!

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello. I updated my Note10+ (SD) to OS 12 UI 4.0 at the start of this month. Since then, the battery drain has been awful, but mainly during the screen-off state. The device continues to return a good value when in use (but not as good as before the update). Also, the February 1 patch hasn't resolved the issue.

I use AccuBattery which shows my screen-off battery usage has now dropped to around 40% (from its usually normal of over 85%). That's massive – and annoying.

I have wiped the cache partition, tried stopping my apps and *some* of Samsung's from running. It's not my apps, but I can't figure out which Samsung ones may be the culprit. (When I powered off my phone overnight, the battery level remained unchanged, so the battery itself is working well.)

HELP!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
There are many things that could be a cause, a app that your using isn't updated to Android 12 or rogue app. Try your device in safe mode for 24hrs you wont be able to use 3rd party apps and see if its ok , look at apps in device care see whats high in the list over 7 day it has that feature and can tell any apps crashing or misbehaving. Check accubattery battery capacity possible wear on the battery, it could be Andriod 12 update and might have to wait and see with next update , last but least possible factory reset clear out some old files .

I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here, As a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply
https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=409154