I'm an old guy not computer savvy looking for a simple to use smartphone.

A

AC Question

Really I want a phone only to take on holiday so in my room I can maybe watch a movie and maybe download a music video.I read about people having issues with the moto g battery I was thinking about getting this phone but now I'm a bit worried.Do I need a phone where I can take the battery out if I don't use the phone for a couple of days?I'm not conversant with technology.Is it possible to get rid of apps like games that I'm not interested in?Am I better off getting a small tablet?The battery issue is crucial for me as I don't have electricity at my home.I charge my current 2G mobile on my van via in car charger and this is ok because I don't use the phone much.I don't have a computer either,i go to my local library.You can see I am a low user of technology.Hope someone can help me.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! In your situation, a removable battery would be a good idea, since you could get a spare battery as well and charge it up as well when you have the opportunity. Removable batteries are found mostly in Samsung phones (except for the upcoming S6). The LG G3 also has a removable battery, but pretty much all other current phones have nonremovable batteries.

Samsung phones usually have an "Easy Mode" setting, which might be helpful for you--it simplifies the interface and hides a lot of the bells and whistles that basic users probably don't need.

You don't have to remove the battery if it's only for a couple of days. You can just power the phone down, and the battery will hardly drain at all for that period.

You can't uninstall apps that the phone came with--but you can disable them, which prevents them from opening taking up any active system RAM. But they still take up storage space.

Assuming that you don't need the latest and greatest phone, I would suggest looking for a good deal on a Samsung Galaxy S4 (or a Note 3, if you like really big screens).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89