I have a Samsung Nexus. How do I download photos from a slideshow in a text message?

A

AC Question

How do I download photos from a slideshow in a text message?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
How do I download photos from a slideshow in a text message?

Have you tried long pressing the side show to see if it pops up to save?

Current devices - T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4, Surface Pro 3 Core I5, and Nexus 9

Past Devices - Phones: Nexus 6, Nexus 5, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus S, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S5, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3, Galaxy S2, HTC Incredible, HTC EVO 4G, HTC EVO, HTC Hero, Motorola Photon.

Tablets: Nexus 7 (2013), Nexus 7 (2012), Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 Windows 8.1, Dell Venue 8, Galaxy Tab Pro, Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition, Galaxy Note 10.1, Galaxy Note 8, Kindle Fire HD 8.4, Kindle Fire HD 7, Kindle Fire, iPad 2, iPad 1, Nook HD, Nook.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
A "slide show" could be an animated gif. You download it the same way you download any other picture in a text. The problem is that some apps show only the first frame of an animated gif. If that's the case, you'll have to install an app that shows all the frames.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
A "slide show" could be an animated gif. You download it the same way you download any other picture in a text. The problem is that some apps show only the first frame of an animated gif. If that's the case, you'll have to install an app that shows all the frames.

Good point, I use Chomp SMS and it lets me download the frames from a slide show. Not sure about the stock SMS app though.