Question Start album slideshow from Home screen shortcut

Tourex

Oct 17, 2023
Visit site
Hi

I appreciate that I can add a Home screen shortcut to open a specific album in the Gallery app. However, what I really want to do is to start a slideshow of that album from a home screen shortcut.

Does anybody know how I can achieve this. If not possible in the Gallery app, is there a third party app that will do it?

Many thanks in anticipation of a solution.

Tourex

Oct 17, 2023
Visit site
Tab S9 Ultra .

I would mention that I want the shortcut to automatically start playing a slideshow of a number of videos, with a few static images. I can select Gallery > Album > Start Slideshow and achieve what I want and, of course, even create a nice shortcut to the album concerned - but then have to manually start the slideshow. I've tried adding a Widget > Gallery but that's hopeless.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Tab S9 Ultra .

I would mention that I want the shortcut to automatically start playing a slideshow of a number of videos, with a few static images. I can select Gallery > Album > Start Slideshow and achieve what I want and, of course, even create a nice shortcut to the album concerned - but then have to manually start the slideshow. I've tried adding a Widget > Gallery but that's hopeless.
I know if you use the stock gallery as a widget shortcut to home screen it does a slide show of frequent photos and I think video